Tick prevention for the dog days of summer.
Ticks can carry the pathogens for ten human diseases and spread illnesses such as Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and Anaplasmosis, which can cause fever, headache, chills, and muscle aches. Ticks are among the most efficient carriers of disease because they attach firmly when sucking blood, feed slowly and may go unnoticed for a considerable amount of time while feeding.
Pet owners and parents alike are concerned with tick prevention because a tick bite can have serious implications for children and pets. Five of the ten diseases ticks transmit to humans can be transmitted to pets. That is why keeping everyone (furry or not) around your household tick-free is important.
Ticks cannot jump or fly. They can only crawl. Ticks wait for host animals from the tips of grasses and shrubs. When brushed by a moving animal or person, they quickly let go of the vegetation and climb onto the host. To avoid this, use prevention methods to keep ticks out of your yard in the first place. Let Mosquito Joe spray your yard and set up a barrier for these intruders. Since our barrier sprays target shrubbery, we already zone in on where ticks live and wait for a host. Don’t let that host be you! Call us today for a free quote.
Tick-borne illnesses such as Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever are major health concerns, reinforcing the need to prevent tick bites. Luckily, Mosquito Joe not only rids your yard of pesky mosquitoes, but we take care of ticks too! You can reduce your family’s exposure to ticks, mosquitoes, and the health risks they cause by using the following tips:
- Keep grass mowed and trees trimmed.
- Move wood piles away from the home.
- Keep pets out of thickly wooded areas where tick activity is high.
- Move swing sets, sandboxes, and other play areas away from wooded areas.
- Wear long sleeves and pants when walking in wooded or grassy areas to avoid tick bites.
- Wash clothes immediately after coming inside and inspect your family and pets for ticks.
- Use professional outdoor pest control services to protect your yard from ticks and mosquitoes.
For more information on how we can make outside fun again or to request a free quote, fill out the form to the right or contact us 973-435-0747.