Tips and Tricks to Keep Mosquitoes at Bay
Warm weather is approaching, flowers are blooming and mosquitoes are active in Wayne, New Jersey. While most people are excited for summer nights on the back patio, the thought of swatting away at mosquitoes all night is on everyone’s mind.
Mosquito Joe of Wayne provides professional mosquito, tick and flea control services to residential and commercial properties in our local community. Our expertly trained technicians examine each property for potential breeding ground areas, and then plan and execute a customized treatment just for your property. These treatments provide an added layer of defense against mosquito and tick-borne illness while also keeping your family from swatting and scratching.
Tips and tricks
We’d like to ensure you’re eliminating any potential problem areas on your property in between treatments. Here are a few simple tips and tricks from your local Joe to ensure you’re keeping those pesky pests at bay:
- Eliminate standing water. Female mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water – all it takes is a bottle cap full of water for them to lay their eggs! It takes about a week for a mosquito to complete the life cycle – transforming from an egg to an adult. Ensure you’re emptying children’s toys, garden pots, old tires, bird baths, dog bowls and water buckets daily.
- Clean up debris. Some species of mosquitoes lay their eggs in damp soil or debris, such as decaying logs, mulch, dirty gutters and leaf piles. Be sure to clean up debris, that includes those gutters!
- Mow the lawn and trim the bushes. During the day, mosquitoes like to rest in cooler areas such as tall grass and thick shrubs. Keeping the foliage short deprives them of a resting place.
- Don’t forget to call us for your first treatment, as we’re your best line of defense for effective mosquito, tick and flea control.
Mosquito Joe of Wayne
Mosquito Joe of Wayne is a family owned and operated, licensed local business. We have a passion for helping people and giving back to our community by making outside fun again for your family and furry friends. Check out our referral program, alternative treatment options and satisfaction guarantee below. We hope to see you on the schedule soon!
- Share the MoJo – Refer a friend and earn credits! At Mosquito Joe, we believe that friends don’t let friends get eaten. Refer a friend and when they sign up for a service, they’ll get $25 off their first treatment, and you will receive a $25 account credit. Save a few bucks – and a lot of bites!
- All-Natural Treatment Available – Our all-natural solution repels mosquitoes immediately but has less adhesive properties than our traditional treatment. Because of this, requires treatment on a 14-day cycle to ensure protection.
- The MoJo Guarantee – We never lock you into a contract. If you are not completely satisfied with the effectiveness of our mosquito, tick and flea treatments, contact us within 14 days of your service* and we will schedule a time to reassess your property and if needed, apply a booster spray at no additional charge.
If you’re interested in learning more about our services or would like a free quote, simply click here! You can also give us a call at 973-435-0747 or message us on Facebook. Wondering what we’ve been up to? Keep up with the team by following us on Instagram!
*7 days for an all-natural service.